ws-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Jemiolo <danjemi...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [POLICY] Release Policy
Date Wed, 02 May 2007 18:45:10 GMT
Wouldn't the fact that the community has to approve the release by voting
prevent people from creating an unstable or unwarranted release? If
someone wanted to hijack that plan and create a release that wasn't on
schedule, he would have to gain the support of the community and those
with binding votes (who are presumably in tune with what the community
wants, and would veto anything that was not healthy for the project).
Keeping the requirements simple (one vote) makes the process seem more
community-driven and less corporate/bureaucratic, in my opinion.

Dan

Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@opensource.lk> wrote on 05/02/2007 02:29:27
PM: