ws-dev mailing list archives

From "Rachana Ananthakrishnan" <ranan...@mcs.anl.gov>
Subject Apache WS Addressing
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2007 01:16:59 GMT
Hi,

Has a decision been reached about archiving the Apache Addressing project ?
If it is being archived, has a decision been made on the timeline ?

Thanks,
Rachana

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Davanum Srinivas <davanum@gmail.com>
Date: Mar 5, 2007 9:05 AM
Subject: WS Spring Cleanup
To: "general@ws.apache.org" <general@ws.apache.org>

Folks,

We need to mothball quite a few things and cleanup. Note that if we need to
revive any of them at a later date, we most certainly can if the needs
arises (and community is formed).

Here's a proposal/rationale:

- Pubscribe/WSRF got folded into Muse.
- FX: remove remaining traces (mailing list)
- Mirae: There's absolutely no community here nor any releases.
- EWS: There's absolutely no community here nor any releases.
- SOAP: Check the email/svn traffic. People still using this can still be
helped on general@ws.
- Addressing: We have never made a release, Only Kandula1 uses it. We may as
well shut this down, if kandula1 folks need it, they can copy it over and
change the package if they want.

Action Items:

#1) Redirect the following to general@ws

addressing-dev
ews-dev
fx-dev
fx-user
mirae-dev
mirae-user
pubscribe-commits
pubscribe-dev
pubscribe-user
soap-dev
soap-user
wsrf-commits
wsrf-dev
wsrf-user

#2) Archive Web sites and setup redirects

/addressing
/ews
/mirae
/pubscribe