ws-dev mailing list archives

From CrystalCracker <sudarshan.acha...@gmail.com>
Subject Webservice with security
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2007 22:00:42 GMT

First of all, I am sorry that I am fairly new to Web Service, though not to
Java/J2EE. This is my first experience with Web service, and the problem
that I is more of conceptual.

I am provided with a secure service endpoint like:
http://test.test.com:8888/services/SID123

Using axis, I generated the client codes. The ant script that i used for it
is a modified version of
http://xmlgateway.its.utexas.edu/docs/java_ex_wsdl.html
The files that were generated were:

1. TestServiceInterface.java extends java.rmi.Remote
2. TestWS.java extends javax.xml.rpc.Service
3. TestWSBindingStub.java extends org.apache.axis.client.Stub implements
TestServiceInterface
4. TestWSLocator.java extends org.apache.axis.client.Service implements
TestWS

The other that were generated were serializable java classes.

Now I wrote my client application and instantiated the Stub, set the
username, password and end point and called the interface methods, but I got
a remote exception saying "Invalid Username or Password".

My questions are:
1. Since I am invoking secure endpoints, are there any client codes to be
generated for that?
2. Where is my Impl class?
3. Is the build file that I am refereing to complete?

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

CrystalCracker