ws-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Ws Wiki] Trivial Update of "Synapse" by AsankhaPerera
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2007 10:41:43 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by AsankhaPerera:
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/Synapse

- =This is the home page of the Apache Synapse Wiki.=
-
  Synapse graduated from the Apache Incubator on the 2nd of January 2007.

  The Synapse Home Page [http://ws.apache.org/synapse/]

- == Information for Committers / Contributors ==
+ Information for Committers / Contributors [http://wiki.apache.org/ws/Synapse/Developers]

- Before working with the Synapse codebase, please set your ~/.subversion/config to contain
the following lines
+ Features / enhancements for 1.1 [http://wiki.apache.org/ws/Synapse/Proposed_Features]

-  *.java = svn:eol-style=native
-  *.html = svn:eol-style=native
-  *.xml = svn:eol-style=native
-  *.properties = svn:eol-style=native
-  *.bat = svn:eol-style=CRLF
-  *.sh = svn:eol-style=LF
-
- Also, note that you need to use the updated ASF v2 license header in all of your code, as
listed here http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#headers
-
- You may use the Intellij IDEA Copyright plugin (http://www.intellij.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/CopyrightPlugin)
or use alternative methods to comply and ensure the above.
-
- We stick to the general Sun/Axis2 coding standards, with the line length of '''100''' characters.

-
- However more importantly, we expect all code to contain '''useful Javadocs''' that explains
what the code does and '''adequate in-line comments''' that explains how it is done where
necessary. Currently we have a code to comment ratio of '''1.9:1''' for the core Synapse code
and we strive to enhance this and not degrade.
-
- All code uses commons logging to log information at appropriate levels, and mediators also
support writing information to the trace logs. The log and trace message '''must provide adequate
information''' such that if a user complains of an error, we must be able to troubleshoot
and find the cause - just by going through the log files at DEBUG level. If we want to print
something like the SOAP message to the log, we check if isDebugEnabled() before we write any
debug() calls.
-
- We always ''log each exception the first time''' it is caught, and throw a SynapseException
with an appropriate error message that tries to give out additional information on why the
exception occurred.
-