ws-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Ws Wiki] Update of "FrontPage/Axis2/post-1.3-plans" by GlenDaniels
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2007 03:57:29 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by GlenDaniels:
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/Axis2/post-1%2e3-plans

New page:
=== Stuff we'd like to see in 1.4 ===

 * Documentation

 * WSIF Patch

 * CORBA patch

 * Make WSDL1.1 and WSDL2.0 WSDL generation work the same way (bindings)

 * JMS URL processing according to SOAP/JMS spec

 * XMPP support (integrate existing code)

 * DIME support

 * Remove fault flows?

 * Dispatch to the AxisMessage level

 * Support binding level policies (dispatch to BindingMessage?)

 * Generate JAXWS stubs (with option) when WSDL2Java-ing

 * Dynamic Phase deployment

 * Split addressing processing into 2 Handlers, 1 for dispatch (Action/To) and another for
MEP stuff (ReplyTo/FaultTo)

 * Enable child-first classloading for AARs, MARs

 * Enable classpath service loading

 * service versioning

 * Build cleanup

 * Review and improve build targets (docs, tests, dists)

 * Full-on enterprise sample (hibernate/spring/etc)

 * JIRA review

 * Integrate WSDL validator w/codegen

 * Fix/improve SOAP session mechanism (punt ServiceGroupContextID)

 * HTTP content negotiation

 * NIO HTTP transport receiver (SimpleAxisServer)

 * Safe flag (no GET binding unless safe)

 * HTTP-related annotations

 * Neethi needs to work with Policy 1.5

 * Clean out deprecated stuff

 * Performance pass on Axiom

 * Interop testing (automation)

 * Kill an active service

 * SMTP server

=== Notes ===

 * By ApacheCon US, we'll have an idea of our desired timeline and features. Decide specifics
there?

 * Should do a release every six months or so