ws-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Ws Wiki] Update of "ReportForSep2007" by JohnKaputin
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2007 09:48:11 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by JohnKaputin:
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/ReportForSep2007

The comment on the change is:
Added report for Woden project

  === Notable Happenings ===
  The team is preparing for the 1.1 release which is the next major release of the project
after the 1.0 in early June. The 1.1 release is

+ = Apache Woden incubator =
+ Woden is an open source Java implementation of the W3C WSDL 2.0 specification.
+
+ === Notable Happenings ===
+ There were two new contributors to Woden. A summer intern IT student, Dan Harvey, contributed
fixes for 17 JIRAs. Sagara Gunathunga is contributing the WSDL serialization function.
+
+ === Legal Issues ===
+ The 2 outstanding legal issues from our last board report have been resolved:
+  * The CCLA and Software Grant license to assign the rights for the initial code contribution
(WSDL4J 1.4) have now been submitted by IBM to the ASF.
+  * The licensing issue about how/why the ASL 2.0 was being used by the AXIOM project for
the stax-api-1.0.1.jar file from codehaus.org has been resolved by changing AXIOM's dependency
to the StAX API jar file from the Apache Geronimo project.
+
+ === Miscellaneous ===
+ Progress towards a Milestone 8 release has been slower than expected due to other committments
of the regular contributors over the summer and the amount of time required to mentor and
review the work of the two new contributors.  We hope to deliver M8 soon, then plan to review
and finalize the Woden API before delivering a 1.0 release.  We now have one remaining item
to complete on our project status file before we are ready to propose graduating from incubation
- that is, to update the development process documentation on the Woden website.
+