ws-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Ws Wiki] Update of "FrontPage/Woden/APIReview" by JohnKaputin
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2007 14:34:21 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by JohnKaputin:
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/Woden/APIReview

The comment on the change is:
Added API Review page

New page:
= API Review =

The Woden API needs to be reviewed and stabilized prior to a Woden 1.0 release. Although the
Woden milestones release so far (M1 to M7) have defined an API, the main focus has been on
WSDL2 functionality and completion of the W3C spec, not on achieving the 'right' API. Feedback
from Woden users on those milestone releases has already driven improvements to the API. M8
will be the next and probably last milestone release. We would like to deliver a 1.0 release
as soon as possible, with a stable API that we are prepared to commit to.

Several issues have been raised about the API. Some of those have already been resolved and
tracked via JIRA. This wiki page addresses some of the  issues that may require broader consideration
before we're ready to start tracking code changes via JIRA. It should provide background information
as a starting point for futher discussion on the woden-dev mailing list.

This page can be updated as that discussion progresses, for example, to capture important
decisions or agreement. At some point, when the ideas and agreed solutions are reasonably
firm, any specific issues should be tracked via Woden JIRA.

-------