ws-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Ws Wiki] Trivial Update of "FrontPage/Axis/AxisClientConfiguration/InterruptCalls" by RodrigoRuiz
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2008 13:37:43 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by RodrigoRuiz:
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/Axis/AxisClientConfiguration/InterruptCalls

  = How do I interrupt a thread that is blocked in a remote call in Axis 1.4? =

- If you have ever tried to, you may know that a thread performing a blocking I/O operation
cannot be interrupted in Java. The problem lies in the JVM itself, and comes from the ages
of Java 1.1. There are several bugs open in java.sun, and it looks like this behaviour [http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=4385444
is here to stay].
+ If you have ever tried to, you may know that a thread performing a blocking I/O operation
cannot be interrupted in Java. The problem lies in the JVM itself, and it comes from the ages
of Java 1.1. There are several bugs open in java.sun, and it looks like this behaviour [http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=4385444
is here to stay].

  There are two workarounds for this issue: