ws-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <g...@thoughtcraft.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Mercury Proposal
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2008 01:53:31 GMT
Hi Paul:

Paul Fremantle wrote:
> I have posted a proposal here:
> http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/ws-sandesha/MercuryProposal
>
> Please edit, improve, or discuss.... I put this in the wiki so that it
> could be modified.

Hm... I thought where we'd ended up discussion-wise was that we would
get the Mercury code granted to Apache so that it could be examined /
learned from / experimented with, but that we would aim to create a
"third way" as the next step for both projects.

In other words, the actual work that happens to make the new "unified"
RM implementation (whatever it ends up being called) would start with a
clean slate and take whatever it can from both Sandesha and Mercury,
with the goal of making sure that all the active developers are involved
and empowered.  Did I understand that right?

Your proposal makes it sound rather like we're going to just start from
the existing Mercury code and go from there.

--Glen