ws-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <g...@thoughtcraft.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Axis2 as TLP
Date Sat, 01 Nov 2008 18:33:08 GMT
A few quick comments:

1) I don't think things are as bad as some of this thread has implied.
There are always ebbs and flows of time and effort on projects, and
although there ARE a lot of open JIRAs, etc, it's not as if nothing has
been getting done - for instance, 1.4.1 wasn't very long ago at all!
That said, it is certainly true that regardless of the structure we end
up with, it would be great if we could tighten our focus, reduce the
JIRA count, and generally move towards higher quality across the project(s).

2) I do still think a separate TLP is a good idea for Axis and its
subordinate technologies - in other words things that ONLY work with
Axis2, like a) modules, and b) transports.  I think commonly used
libraries like XmlSchema and Axiom and Neethi should remain in WS, since
they're also used outside of Axis2 by Abdera, CXF, etc. etc.  So
basically I'm still pushing for my original proposal. :)

3) As you may have noticed if you're on general@, I posted a draft
proposal to promote Axis2 to TLP, and move Rampart, Sandeshsa, Kandula,
Savan, and transports over there - this at least gives us something
concrete to look at.  Please feel free to comment/edit at will, or to
put up alternates.

Thoughts?

--Glen