ws-dev mailing list archives

From Kurt T Stam <kurt.s...@gmail.com>
Subject copyright question
Date Sat, 07 Feb 2009 15:36:41 GMT
A lot of specifications defined APIs in the form of WSDLs or XSDs. For
example the uddi policy api is defined as:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/uddi-spec/doc/spec/v3/schema/uddi_v3policy.xsd

The header of this particular file says:

<!--
    Copyright (c) 2000-2002 by Accenture, Ariba, Inc., Commerce One, Inc.
    Fujitsu Limited, Hewlett-Packard Company, i2 Technologies, Inc.,
    Intel Corporation, International Business Machines Corporation,
    Microsoft Corporation, Oracle Corporation, SAP AG, Sun Microsystems,
Inc.,
    and VeriSign, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.

    Copyright (c) OASIS Open 2002-2004. All Rights Reserved.
    -->

1. Is it ok to check these files in on an Apache project?

2. Is is ok to redistribute them?

This issue must have come up before, but I could not find anything on
our site. However if you know where I can read up more about this I'd
love to hear from you.

Thx,

--Kurt

Kurt T Stam