ws-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Jordahl <tjord...@adobe.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] XML formatting
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2009 14:18:47 GMT
+1 for 4 space formatting.  Consistent and strict code (and XML) formatting is a very good
thing for shared projects.  Considering we have tools (IDEA) that make the work trivial, the
time invested is worth the gain in readability.

Tom Jordahl

-----Original Message-----
From: Glen Daniels [mailto:glen@thoughtcraft.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 2009 5:49 PM
To: general@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: [VOTE] XML formatting

+1 Benson, that's exactly the reason for my vote.

I don't actually love reformatting as I'm making changes because to be
polite, one should really reformat, commit, and /then/ make your real
changes so that those reading the commit diffs can actually see what you
did.  So the proposal is just to do a blanket reformat of the POMs now
so they're all clean and easy to edit.  We don't have to force this on
every project, but I'd like to do at least Axis2, Axiom, Neethi,
XmlSchema, Transports, Rampart, and Sandesha.

Thanks,
--Glen