ws-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Ws Wiki] Update of "FrontPage/WebServicesPMCReorg" by GlenDaniels
Date Sun, 17 May 2009 19:54:24 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by GlenDaniels:
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/WebServicesPMCReorg

  == Proposals ==

- Concrete proposals here, with rationales.
+ Concrete proposals here, with rationales.  If you favor a particular proposal, add your
name to the list next to it - and feel free to change your opinions as the discussion moves
forward, this is NOT an official vote.

  === Leave it alone ===

  This proposal is the simplest, as it simply states "everything is ok as it is and we should
leave it that way".  The implication here is that even though we are a large project and look
like an "umbrella", we are still doing a good job of oversight and community management.
Also, even though it might make organizational sense to reduce the number of subprojects,
the reality is that a WS developer often needs to touch multiple subprojects (i.e. an Axis2
developer may need to work on Axiom, a Neethi developer might have to fix things in Axis2
after changes, etc).  As such keeping them together might make sense.
+
+ ''Supporters:''

  === Split it #1 ===

@@ -31, +33 @@

   * Decide which if any of the remaining subprojects should be promoted or retired to the
Attic.

+ ''Supporters:''
+
  === Split it #2 ===

  There are a variety of ways we might consider splitting the project...