ws-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Ws Wiki] Update of "FrontPage/WebServicesPMCReorg" by DanKulp
Date Mon, 18 May 2009 19:53:45 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by DanKulp:
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/WebServicesPMCReorg

   * Transports are only ever used in an Axis2 environment.
   * Other projects (i.e. Abdera) use Axiom
   * Other projects (i.e. CXF) use XmlSchema (Tuscany uses Axis2, Rampart, Axiom, XmlSchema
and Neethi)
+  * Other projects also use WSS4J extensively (Spring WebServices, CXF, etc...)

  === Notes on XML Schema ===
@@ -39, +40 @@

   * Decide which if any of the remaining subprojects should be promoted or retired to the
Attic.

+ ''Comments:''
+  * dkulp:  I would add WSS4J and Woden onto the second bullet for immediate promotion into
the ws-commons as both are fairly heavily used and WSS4J is definitely being actively developed.
 Add Kandula/Rampart/Sandesha to the first bullet.
+
  ''Supporters:''
+  * dkulp (with the changes in my above comment)
+

  === Split it #2 ===