ws-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Ws Wiki] Update of "FrontPage/WebServicesPMCReorg" by GlenDaniels
Date Fri, 12 Jun 2009 16:33:32 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by GlenDaniels:
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/WebServicesPMCReorg

  === Split it #1 ===

+ (NOTE: I edited this to reflect Dan's comment and also adding Rampart/Sandesha/Kandula to
the Axis2 TLP --Glen)
+
  Phase 1:

-  * Promote Axis2 to a TLP containing Axis2 Java + C, and the transports.
+  * Promote Axis2 to a TLP containing Axis2 Java + C, Rampart, Sandesha, Kandula, and the
transports.
-  * Promote WS-Commons to a TLP containing at least Axiom, Neethi, XmlSchema
+  * Promote WS-Commons to a TLP containing at least Axiom, Neethi, XmlSchema, WSS4J, Woden

  Phase 2:

-  * Decide which if any of the remaining subprojects should be promoted or retired to the
Attic.
+  * Decide which if any of the remaining subprojects should be promoted, moved, or retired
to the Attic.

  ''Comments:''
   * dkulp:  I would add WSS4J and Woden onto the second bullet for immediate promotion into
the ws-commons as both are fairly heavily used and WSS4J is definitely being actively developed.
 Add Kandula/Rampart/Sandesha to the first bullet.

  ''Supporters:''
   * dkulp (with the changes in my above comment)
+  * gdaniels

  === Split it #2 ===
@@ -53, +56 @@

   * Promote WS-Commons to a TLP containing at least Axiom, XmlSchema (tempted to suggest
calling this TLP Axiom and rename XmlSchema to Apache Axiom XmlSchema)

  Reasoning:
-  * The Kandula/Rampart/Sandesha lists are sufficiently light that mixing the lists into
one Axis2 community is practical (and promoting to TLP unlikely, and pushing to the attic
extreme).
+  * The Kandula/Rampart/Sandesha lists are sufficiently light that mixing the lists into
one Axis2 community is practical (and promoting to TLP unlikely, and pushing to the attic
extreme).  [I totally agree, and have edited proposal #1 above to match --Glen]
   * Not proposing putting these back into the Axis2 builds... just combining the lists.
   * Neethi is primarily used by Axis2 and is a small codebase.
   * There's no reason that even if part of the Axis2 community, Neethi cannot be released
on a different schedule if necessary.
@@ -63, +66 @@

  === Split it #3 ===

- There are a variety of ways we might consider splitting the project...
+ (please feel free to add other proposals)