ws-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Ws Wiki] Update of "FrontPage/WebServicesPMCReorg" by antelder
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2009 17:50:32 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by antelder:
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/WebServicesPMCReorg

  This proposal is the simplest, as it simply states "everything is ok as it is and we should
leave it that way".  The implication here is that even though we are a large project and look
like an "umbrella", we are still doing a good job of oversight and community management.
Also, even though it might make organizational sense to reduce the number of subprojects,
the reality is that a WS developer often needs to touch multiple subprojects (i.e. an Axis2
developer may need to work on Axiom, a Neethi developer might have to fix things in Axis2
after changes, etc).  As such keeping them together might make sense.