ws-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Ws Wiki] Update of "FrontPage/WebServicesPMCReorg" by BensonMargulies
Date Mon, 13 Jul 2009 01:59:54 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by BensonMargulies:
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/WebServicesPMCReorg

  Open questions:

   * What to do with XmlSchema?
+    * bimargulies: XmlSchema is generally a problem child, as per my remarks above. What
the universe really
+ needs is a single library that combines some of what is inside Xerces with the unique functionality
of XmlSchema, and has the momentum to evolve to 1.1 and all of that. Absent anyone to do this,
leaving it in WS-Commons seems sensible to me. It does the Xml-Schema-tic work needed for
web services. A better name would be ws-xml-schema, come to think of it. Given the report
here about the future of XML as an Apache umbrella, I'm anxious to see what Dan and others
think of this alternative.
+

  ''Supporters:''