ws-dev mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What's next for WS@Apache? Discuss.
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2010 01:23:03 GMT
Instead of debating principle, I would suggest the following procedure.

To turn a sub(sub)project into a TLP, it takes a board resolution. The
standard procedure is for the existing PMC to vote to send recommend the new
TLP resolution to the board.

I, for one, will vote +1 for any plausible proposed TLP resolution, which
(to me) means any resolution with a reasonable critical mass of volunteer
PMC members.

For practical reasons, that mass had better be at least 3, and I'm a little
squeamish if the number is less than 5, and I do wonder what the board
thinks. So, let's find out what the board thinks, and then we'll see what of
the bits and pieces can muster the necessary numbers.