ws-dev mailing list archives

From Jonas Buys <jonas_b...@yahoo.com>
Subject Apache MUSE (was: [VOTE] Retire Muse and WSIF to the Attic on muse-dev)
Date Sun, 15 Aug 2010 15:34:18 GMT
Hello,

I am a Ph.D. student working at the university of Antwerp (Belgium) on reliability improvement
of XML-based web services.  For our work, we are using Apache MUSE which we host on top of
Axis2 1.5.1.  Some of our students are also using MUSE for their master thesis.

We are afraid to see the vote that is currently going on to retire MUSE to the Apache Attic.
 By retiring the project, we fear that the consequences such as a read-only JIRA section may
impede further improvements of MUSE.

For some time now, we have been maintaining an internal MUSE build in which we have patched
open issues/bugs as we encountered them and improved parts of its implementation, like we
recently did for MUSE's default WS-SG implementation.  Furthermore, apart from fixing occasional
bugs and/or limitations, we are currently finishing an RC-status implementation of the MOWS
specification.  We would be willing to donate this code to the foundation (after code cleanup
and thorough testing).

Has it already been decided MUSE is "fin-de-vie"?  Or is there still a chance to revive the
project?

We are looking forward to your reply.

Sincerely Yours,
--