ws-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache MUSE (was: [VOTE] Retire Muse and WSIF to the Attic on muse-dev)
Date Sun, 15 Aug 2010 16:26:33 GMT
I'd consider this to be a boundary case.

On one hand, it is of course in the interest of anyone to have the
project alive, rather than retired. OTOH, while Jonas has contributed
some bug reports (4), including patches and has voiced on the MUSE
mailing lists from time to time (4 times, exluding this mail), that's
not sufficient for me to say "no problem, just make him a committer"
without hesitation.

And, of course, he still has the option to continue on SourceForge or
something like that.

Jochen

On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 5:34 PM, Jonas Buys <jonas_buys@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am a Ph.D. student working at the university of Antwerp (Belgium) on reliability improvement
of XML-based web services.  For our work, we are using Apache MUSE which we host on top of
Axis2 1.5.1.  Some of our students are also using MUSE for their master thesis.

> We are afraid to see the vote that is currently going on to retire MUSE to the Apache
Attic.  By retiring the project, we fear that the consequences such as a read-only JIRA section
may impede further improvements of MUSE.

> For some time now, we have been maintaining an internal MUSE build in which we have patched
open issues/bugs as we encountered them and improved parts of its implementation, like we
recently did for MUSE's default WS-SG implementation.  Furthermore, apart from fixing occasional
bugs and/or limitations, we are currently finishing an RC-status implementation of the MOWS
specification.  We would be willing to donate this code to the foundation (after code cleanup
and thorough testing).

--
I Am What I Am And That's All What I Yam (Popeye)