ws-dev mailing list archives

From Marcin.Markiew...@fiducia.de
Subject Re: Re: [VOTE] Release WSS4J 1.5.10
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2010 07:49:12 GMT

Hallo,

I have a question - are my ideas for allowing the XPath-expression in the
WSEncryptionPart part of the 1.5.10-Version, or not?
I have begun to test it some more, and have some troubles with it. I can
decode the message, but the signature check does not work then - some
references are there, but the corresponding message parts are not. I work
on it...
And the other one - WSEncryptionPart contains a variable holding the ID of
the encrypted parts. I think we need a list (vector?) of ids here, thus one
WSEncryptionPart can describe more than one part now. Unfortunately I
didn't have any time to evaluate it now. But the encryption works fine.

I am quite new to this project and I don't know the backgrounds. So I don't
want to commit my ideas. I don't know for example if the code has to
compile with java 1.4. With Java 1.5 we would have generict making a lot of
things easier (the vectors could be typed, so we don't have to cast
anymore...). I would like to change the WSEncryptionPart - new Interface
and a new implementation besides the current WSEncryptionPart which would
implement this new interface. This would make the search for described
document parts easier.

And one more thing: WSS4J now uses a DOM document. Axis2 uses AXIOM. Maybe
we should make an version for axis2 that uses AXIOM too. I have the
problem, that if I use attachments, with contentId and optimization flag
for MTOM, this informations are thrown away by the conversion between AXIOM
and DOM. I have to restore them later. And the attachments are part of the
DOM tree as base64 encoded strings blowing the memory usage. In AXIOM they
are streams...

Greetings,
Marcin Markiewicz