ws-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release WSS4J 1.5.10
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2010 15:50:36 GMT
On Monday 29 November 2010 10:44:37 am Benson Margulies wrote:
> Do we really have to credit patches?

If they request it, yes.   They hold the copyright on the material in that
patch and, while they license it to us under the  Apache License, the Apache
License specifically states we need to keep notices intact that the copyright
holders request/require.

In this case, the submitter has asked that the copyright notice be in the
NOTICE.     Thus, we need to keep it there.

Dan

> On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 10:31 AM, Tom Jordahl <tjordahl@adobe.com> wrote:
> > Conditional +1 (binding)
> >
> > I noticed that the NOTICE file has the following:
> >
> > "This product includes software Copyright University of Southampton IT
> > Innovation Centre, 2006 (http://www.it-innovation.soton.ac.uk)."
> >
> > I couldn't figure out what software this was - if I am using
> > wss4j-1.5.10.jar, do I have to worry about this?  This should be removed
> > or we should be clearer about what this means (i.e. what part do I need
> > to exclude if I ship a product with wss4j in it).
> >
> > Also, the date in the NOTICE file is 2009, probably should be 2010.
> >
> > I only examined the binary zip, did not try to build the source.
> >
> > Tom Jordahl

Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org
http://dankulp.com/blog