ws-dev mailing list archives

From jeffmo <j...@rtr.com>
Subject Problem with CryptoFactory
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2010 09:22:12 GMT

I have an issue with CryptoFactory that makes me think that I must be using
it incorrectly.

If I have the following code segment, everything works fine:

   Crypto creds = CryptoFactory.getInstance("my.info.p12");

But if I repeat the call to CryptoFactory, like this:

   Crypto creds = CryptoFactory.getInstance("my.info.p12");
   creds = CryptoFactory.getInstance("my.info.p12");

I get either an "Illegal Key Length" exception at the second call.

If I've installed the US unlimited key length jar files from Sun
(local_policy.jar and US_export_policy.jar), then I get a "General security
error (No certificates for user 1 were found for signature)" when I go to
sign the envelope.

To repeat, if I remove the second call to CryptoFactory, everything works
fine.

Any suggestions about what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks!
             Jeff