ws-dev mailing list archives

From Colm O hEigeartaigh <cohei...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Migration wss4j 1.5 -> 1.6
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2010 16:24:05 GMT
1) WSSecurityEngineResult.TAG_SIGNED_ELEMENT_IDS was removed in
1.6-SNAPSHOT. Instead, the WSDataRef instances corresponding to the
signed elements are stored in
WSSecurityEngineResult.TAG_DATA_REF_URIS. Take a look at
WSSecurityUtil.checkSignsAllElements(WSSecurityEngineResult, String[])
to see how to use this.

2) The way signatures are computed and inserted into the security
header has changed in 1.6-SNAPSHOT, due to the move to use the JSR-105
API for XML Digital Signature. You don't explicitly prepend or append
the signature token element to the security header any more. Instead,
you tell "computeSignature" where you want the element to go, passing
through the list of references obtained by "addReferencesToSign". Take
a look at the different "computeSignature" methods in WSSecSignature.
Alternatively, you can call WSSecSignature.build, which will do all
this for you.

Colm.