ws-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Veithen <andreas.veit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: [VOTE] Release WSS4J 1.5.10
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2010 09:17:08 GMT
On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 08:49, <Marcin.Markiewicz@fiducia.de> wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> I have a question - are my ideas for allowing the XPath-expression in the WSEncryptionPart
part of the 1.5.10-Version, or not?
> I have begun to test it some more, and have some troubles with it. I can decode the message,
but the signature check does not work then - some references are there, but the corresponding
message parts are not. I work on it...
> And the other one - WSEncryptionPart contains a variable holding the ID of the encrypted
parts. I think we need a list (vector?) of ids here, thus one WSEncryptionPart can describe
more than one part now. Unfortunately I didn't have any time to evaluate it now. But the encryption
works fine.

> I am quite new to this project and I don't know the backgrounds. So I don't want to commit
my ideas. I don't know for example if the code has to compile with java 1.4. With Java 1.5
we would have generict making a lot of things easier (the vectors could be typed, so we don't
have to cast anymore...). I would like to change the WSEncryptionPart - new Interface and
a new implementation besides the current WSEncryptionPart which would implement this new interface.
This would make the search for described document parts easier.

> And one more thing: WSS4J now uses a DOM document. Axis2 uses AXIOM. Maybe we should
make an version for axis2 that uses AXIOM too. I have the problem, that if I use attachments,
with contentId and optimization flag for MTOM, this informations are thrown away by the conversion
between AXIOM and DOM. I have to restore them later. And the attachments are part of the DOM
tree as base64 encoded strings blowing the memory usage. In AXIOM they are streams...

I don't think that forking WSS4J to support Axiom is a good idea. I
think the better approach is to have an Axiom implementation that
directly implements DOM (i.e. that doesn't require conversion), but
that doesn't suffer from the limitations of the current Axiom DOM
(DOOM) implementation. I'm working on such a project [1] for the
moment.

Note that MTOM is tricky anyway. I recently read that in CXF this is
also not working in a satisfactory way. To get this working correctly
with WSS4J may indeed require some kind of object model specific
(plain SAAJ or Axiom+DOM) handling in WSS4J.

[1] http://code.google.com/p/ddom/