ws-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Veithen <andreas.veit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Welcome to dev@ws.apache.org
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2010 20:49:32 GMT
No, Axis2 always had its own mailing lists and they have been migrated
to the new TLP. There is another factor: in a rather inactive project
(inactive in the sense of no more development), a dev list tends to be
used as a user list. When all of a sudden the subscribers of such a
list are confronted with the dev list traffic of an active and healthy
project, they may indeed be overwhelmed. Looking at the previous
comments, this seems to be the case for the xmlrpc list. Since we not
only merged the dev lists, but created a separate user list (it seems
that xmlrpc-user was only an alias for xmlrpc-dev, and the other
subprojects never had a user list), I think that the subscribers who
are in that case should take advantage of this and move to this new
user list.

Andreas