ws-dev mailing list archives

From Lawrence Mandel <lman...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Welcome to dev@ws.apache.org
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2010 20:20:17 GMT
Lars,

"And Lawrence, was there any point in your message asking if it was a
mistake?"

My point was to state the obvious, that the Apache WS community has lost a
lot of mailing list subscribers since merging all of the lists (I don't
know if this was expected), and to start discussion on whether this merge
was a mistake and should be undone.

Moving the commits to another list should alleviate some of the pain.
Whether it will be enough to stop the exodus of subscribers remains to be
seen.

As far as I'm concerned, losing interested people's attention is counter
productive to an open source (or any) project.

Lawrence