ws-dev mailing list archives

From Charith Wickramarachchi <charith.dhanus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Redundant names space removal when Serializing - AXIOM
Date Sat, 19 Nov 2011 05:11:07 GMT
Hi Andreas,

Issue was this causes an Error in a 3rd party web-service engine when
processing some soap headers.

Scenario is this. Synapse get a soap request which contains some redundant
namespace declarations at header level which are internally used inside the
headers. So when synapse forward them  to the BE service they get omitted
as they are defined at SOAP Envelope level.

BE services header processor incorrectly assumes that headers are self
contained so this causes an error.

I was wondering it may make scene to make it configurable  as if we think
of  synapse point of view omitting redundant namespaces may not be a good
idea sometimes. Specially integrating with legacies like this. WDYT ? ( I
do agree that this in pure AXIOM point of view its the correct thing to do
as it will reduce the data content that is written to the wire etc.. )

Can please you point me to a place where this is done ? So that i can hack
the code for the time being for my self and later provide a patch if devs
are ok with my above idea.

thanks,
Charith