ws-dev mailing list archives

From Colm O hEigeartaigh <cohei...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ATTN] - WSS4J 2.0 work plan
Date Wed, 29 Feb 2012 16:13:19 GMT
Thanks for all the responses. So to address the open questions:

1) Should streaming-xml-security go into Santuario or WSS4J? Should
all of WSS4J move to Santuario?

The consensus seems to be that streaming-xml-security should go into
Santuario - and not as a sub-project, and that WSS4J 2.0 should stay
where it is. I will initiate a discussion with the Santuario project
to see what they think of the idea.

2) Do we require JDK 1.5 support?

I propose to just leave this issue for now. Officially we will drop
1.5 support in the development cycle, and possibly revisit nearer the
time of the 2.0 release if there are any major objections from
downstream projects.

3) Package names.

Let's go with something like "org.apache.ws.security.stream". Should
we add a "2" in there somewhere to differentiate package names from
the 1.6.x releases?

Colm.