ws-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Veithen <andreas.veit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Structure of WS site
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2012 22:02:20 GMT
On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 08:07, Sagara Gunathunga
<sagara.gunathunga@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 12:32 PM, KasunG Gajasinghe <kasung@wso2.com> wrote:
>>

>> On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 12:24 PM, Sagara Gunathunga
>> <sagara.gunathunga@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Based on Andreas's suggestion on private list, I'm thinking to develop
>>> Maven based new site for WS. I have identified following pages for site
>>> content, I think following pages are sufficient. Please add if I miss
>>> anything here.
>>>
>>> 1.) Welcome  - Introduction about WS TLP and list down it's sub projects.
>>> 2.) News       -  News of TLP and it's sub project.
>>> 3.) Contact Us  - Description about WS mailing lists.
>>> 4.) Attic           - Projects on WS Attic and description.
>>> 5.) Mailing lists
>>> 6.) Source codes
>>> 7.) Bug Tracker
>>> 8.) License
>>> 9.) Thanks
>>>
>> Hi Sagara,
>> How about documentation, and project team pages?
>

>   Yes we need to add WS PMC members page and  may be documentation page with
> links of sub project's documentation.

Yes, the PMC member page should be in the root site. However, I don't
see the need for a documentation page in the root site. The root site
should link to the home pages of the individual projects, and from
there users can locate the documentation they are looking for. Keep
things as simple as possible and such that they don't require regular
updates.