ws-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Veithen <andreas.veit...@gmail.com>
Subject Axiom 1.2.13 [Was: Axis2 1.6.2 release plan]
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2012 20:54:27 GMT
Axiom currently builds a patched version of the maven-shade-plugin to
work around MSHADE-105. If we release Axiom, then we also release that
patched version into Maven central (of course with a different
groupId/artifactId). Looking at the recent discussion between SOLR and
Commons CSV, this may become a political issue, although the problem
is slightly different here because in the case of a patched version of
a Maven plugin, there is no possibility for an accidental conflict.

Fortunately, we have a maintainer of the maven-shade-plugin in the PMC.

Benson, can we please get your opinion on that question?

Andreas