ws-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Axiom/Neethi releases....
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2012 21:19:52 GMT
On Monday, April 02, 2012 11:11:45 PM Andreas Veithen wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 19:04, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:
> > Andreas,
> >
> > On Wednesday, March 28, 2012 10:39:27 PM Andreas Veithen wrote:
> >> I will work on this during the weekend.
> >
> > I saw a bunch of commits.   Is a release of this happening real soon?
>
> The vote for 1.2.13 is now open. Originally I wanted to finish the
> release yesterday, but it took a couple of hours longer. Anyway, I
> don't like to release something on April 1st ;-)

Ah.  Good point.   :-)

Major thanks.   I'll review things tomorrow.

> > If
> > not, I'll probably back the one change out (rev 1180609)  for the time
> > being so we can proceed with the Neethi release.
> >
> > BTW:  this is really why I hate having dependencies on SNAPSHOT's unless
> > we know a release of that SNAPSHOT is imminent.
>
> There are as much pros as cons here. E.g. if one wants to identify
> regressions early, then the best is to depend on the snapshot version
> of a dependency.

Yes, but not CHANGES in the snapshot.   Basically, be able easily go  back
to the last release if a release is needed.    I don't mind having Jenkins
or whatever building against the snapshots to test things.   Definite value
there.  But I don't like having it rely on new api's and such in the
snapshots unless we know a release is coming real soon.

Dan