ws-dev mailing list archives

From Colm O hEigeartaigh <cohei...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dependency tree question
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2012 13:30:17 GMT
What are you using to build your project? WSS4J excludes the XML
Security dependency coming from opensaml by defining a dependency on
XML Security 1.5.1 which overrides the 1.4.4 version coming in via
Opensaml.

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/webservices/wss4j/trunk/pom.xml?view=co

Colm.

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 9:56 AM, Stephanie Stroka
<stephanie.stroka@adnovum.ch> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I was upgrading a project from wss4j 1.5.3 to 1.6.5, but I seem to have
> severe problems with resolving the dependencies and I was wondering if you
> could help me.
>
> From the dependency tree of the wss website I figures that I have to upgrade
> the xmlsec library (which was in version 1.4.4) to 1.5.1.
> The opensaml library was already in version 2.5.1.
>
> The problem is that opensaml 2.5.1 has a dependency on xmltooling 1.3.2,
> which has a dependency on xmlsec 1.4.4. Although it is compiling, I'm
> experiencing problems at runtime.
> Since I upgraded to xmlsec 1.5.1 some things in opensaml are failing (e.g.
> because of the change in IdResolver of xmlsec, but that's not the only
> problematic part.)
>
> Do you have any suggestions on how you solved the dependency conflicts or do
> those conflicts not appear in you projects?
> I'd be very grateful for any suggestions and hints :)
>
> Best wishes,
> Stephanie
>

> --
> AdNovum Informatik AG
> Stephanie Stroka
> Dipl. Informatik-Ing. FH
>
> Roentgenstrasse 22, CH-8005 Zurich
> mailto:stephanie.stroka@adnovum.ch
> phone: +41 44 272 6111, fax: +41 44 272 6312
>
> http://www.adnovum.ch  AdNovum Offices: Bern, Budapest, Singapore, Zurich
> (HQ)

Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder