ws-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [WODEN] Future of Woden Axiom implementation ?
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2012 10:43:41 GMT

Hello Jochen

apparently I am the only person that has implemented axiom in a live commercial implementation
so clearly i hold a minority opinion

I agree there are alot more constructive use of devs time and effort than say pulling an dependent
subsystem but
if every enhancement forces you to duplicate every dom integration effort with woden integration

then a strong case can be made to the panelists to support the stronger more stable subsystem
and drop support for the dupe subsystem
(best if we could see see a matrix to verify woden and dom featuresets are indeed identical)

On a side note here is what I see are Axis 3 main drawbacks in order of priority
1)antiquated use of build.xml in build scripts instead of refactoring all builds to version
aware SCM e.g. maven (3)..server and client scripts are all ant based..
2)lack of esb
3)process lacks adherence to apache vote by democracy rules..one person says 'do it' and then
another makes vast sweeping changes to working code
without bothering to put the effort to a vote (majority wins) for a fixed period of time (usually
72 hours)..sagara has graciously revived the apache process
with his request for comment on deprecating woden

Granted alot of people are going on vaca now (including myself) so resources (peoples time
to research,design and code, test and integrate) are limited
 but we need to address the axis2 community collectively to gain consensus for each effort
before committing sweeping changes

The end result *should be* increased adoption of Axis2 in the SAAS community

WDYT
Martin
Verzicht und Vertraulichkeitanmerkung