ws-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Veithen <andreas.veit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [WODEN] Future of Woden Axiom implementation ?
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2012 21:36:23 GMT
I think it makes sense to remove the Axiom support. There are two
reasons for that:

1. Axiom enables a couple of optimizations (deferred parsing,
pull-through and sourced elements) that don't exist in DOM. However, I
don't see how Woden (or code that uses Woden) would benefit from these
optimizations.

2. We have a DOM compatible Axiom implementation (although the level
of DOM compliance is currently not very high). Also, I think that at
some point in the future, the default Axiom implementation will
support DOM (with a decent level of compliance).

Andreas