ws-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: WSS4J 2.0 package names
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2012 16:33:32 GMT

On Aug 21, 2012, at 10:35 AM, Colm O hEigeartaigh <coheigea@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> WSS4J trunk now has the following modules and package names:
>
> parent
> bindings -> org.apache.ws.security.binding.*
> policy -> org.apache.ws.security.policy.*
> ws-security-common -> org.apache.ws.security.common.*
> ws-security-dom -> org.apache.ws.security.dom.*
> ws-security-stax -> org.apache.ws.security.stax.*
> ws-security-policy-stax -> org.apache.ws.security.policy.stax.*
>
> They will probably undergo a few more changes before the release. Should we move to use
org.apache.wss4j instead of org.apache.ws.security as suggested by Andreas here:

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WSS-350

If we changed the package names, that should allow WSS4J 2.0 and 1.6 to co-exist, right?
 Thus, things like CXF could keep the 1.6 based code around for a release or so while users
migrate.   If that's the case, I'd support it.  :-)

--
Daniel Kulp