ws-dev mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deployment issue in WAS 7 server (Web Sphere Application Server) #### CXF 2.7 + Neethi 3.0.2
Date Sun, 18 Nov 2012 21:01:01 GMT
Martin,

I find myself feeling that I'm having two different conversations with
one man named Martin.

In one of those conversations, there's a JIRA from long ago, never
fixed, which caused the SM project to copy and hack some CXF code
instead just having a dependency. Whether or not fixing that can
address your short-term requirements, I'd really like to identify it
and see if we can't work with SM to get them to 'depend' instead of
copy.

In another of those conversations, there's a herd of camel(case)s that
are making it hard to do what you want to do right now. I'm not a very
active developer at CXF at the moment, so for this afternoon I'm going
to defer to the others to weigh in on the best path forward here for
you to pitch in on solving the practical problem. If, to my surprise,
no one more relevant chimes in on this practical matter, I'll try to
find some time to immerse myself. I have worked on the '2java'
technology at one time.

At a cosmic level, while all of us at CXF are very proud of our work
and anxious to be helpful, we have always made it clear that CXF will
focus on standard-conforming. We aren't religiously opposed to
accommodating non-standard situations. However, we're not claiming to
be the best solution for everyone all the time, and if Axis makes your
particular job easier, by all means.

--benson