ws-dev mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deployment issue in WAS 7 server (Web Sphere Application Server) #### CXF 2.7 + Neethi 3.0.2
Date Sun, 18 Nov 2012 15:43:44 GMT
On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 9:48 AM, Martin Gainty <mgainty@hotmail.com> wrote:
> This is what Im referring to:
>
> http://servicemix.apache.org/docs/4.4.x/jbi/components/servicemix-cxf-bc.html
> A JBI compliant HTTP/SOAP or JMS/SOAP binding component named
> servicemix-cxf-bc which use apache cxf internally.
>
> The reason why the servicemix people would not touch the code is they said
> they incorporated the converters DIRECTLY from Apache-CXF
> They asked me to file a JIRA with CXF which i did..and thats where the
> problem was dutifully ignored

Martin, you have, throughout this collection of diatribes, neglected
to mention the JIRA number.

You are completely out of line to start throwing around these extreme
criticisms at all, but particularly out of line to do so when you
can't be bothered to cite the JIRA by number or an email thread in
which you poked the user or dev list to ask for help.

I am quite sure that, if I cared, I could find an accidentally
neglected JIRA ticket or 20 at every single project at the ASF,
including those which you are holding up as more responsive than CXF.

If, indeed, a JIRA was 'ignored', then I'm sorry if it inconvenienced
you. However, the ServiceMix PMC people should have known that they
could file a JIRA, send mail to the user list, send mail to the dev
list, and, if all else failed, kick us in our @private-s. The fact
that they foisted this onto you suggests that they were not terrible
interested in the question.

Anyway, please tell us the JIRA. Perhaps even now some good can come of this.