ws-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Xmlschema2 - targetNameSpace being added as the namespaceURI to child schema elements
Date Sun, 06 Jan 2013 03:05:03 GMT

http://ws.apache.org/commons/xmlschema20/xmlschema-core/apidocs/org/apache/ws/commons/schema/XmlSchemaElement.html#getWireName()
The name of this item as it is sent 'over the wire' or stored in an XML file. If the form
is unqualified, this has "" for a namespaceURI. Otherwise, it is the same as getQName(). does
parent element (or any element) have uber priority to break the unqualified="true" (to write
namespaces in QName)

Martin
______________________________________________ Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2013 21:32:25 -0500
Subject: Re: Xmlschema2 - targetNameSpace being added as the namespaceURI to child schema
elements
From: bimargulies@gmail.com
To: dev@ws.apache.org
CC: kshanth2101@gmail.com

Thank you, Dan, you remember the code I wrote better than I do.

On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 9:31 PM, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:

On Jan 5, 2013, at 2:24 AM, Kishanthan Thangarajah <kshanth2101@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Devs,We are now in the process of moving to xmlschema2 in axis2 [1]. The issue we note
that the targetNameSpace of the parent element in a schema is getting added as the namespaceURI
to the child elements.

For example, consider the following schema.
<xs:schema attributeFormDefault="qualified" elementFormDefault="unqualified" targetNamespace="http://fastinfoset.axis2.apache.org">

            <xs:element name="addStrings">                <xs:complexType>
                <xs:sequence>                        <xs:element minOccurs="0" name="val1"
nillable="true" type="xs:string"/>

                        <xs:element minOccurs="0" name="val2" nillable="true" type="xs:string"/>
                   </xs:sequence>                </xs:complexType>

            </xs:element>            <xs:element name="addStringsResponse">
             <xs:complexType>                    <xs:sequence>

                        <xs:element minOccurs="0" name="return" nillable="true" type="xs:string"/>
                   </xs:sequence>                </xs:complexType>

            </xs:element></xs:schema>
When compiling this, we observed that the namespace QName for the element "return", has "http://fastinfoset.axis2.apache.org"
as the namespaceURI. But this was not the case when we compared the same schema compilation
with xmlschema1. In there, the namespaceURI was an empty ("") value.

Is this a expected behavior or are we doing something wrong here?
There is a getWireName() method on XmlSchemaElement that should be used for determining the
properly qualified/unqualified QName that should be used when writing stuff out on the wire.

Dan

Thanks,Kishanthan.[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-5239

-- Daniel Kulp