ws-dev mailing list archives

From Kishanthan Thangarajah <kshanth2...@gmail.com>
Subject Xmlschema2 - targetNameSpace being added as the namespaceURI to child schema elements
Date Sat, 05 Jan 2013 07:24:20 GMT
Hi Devs,
We are now in the process of moving to xmlschema2 in axis2 [1]. The issue
we note that the targetNameSpace of the parent element in a schema is
getting added as the namespaceURI to the child elements.

For example, consider the following schema.

<xs:schema attributeFormDefault="qualified"
elementFormDefault="unqualified" targetNamespace="
http://fastinfoset.axis2.apache.org">
            <xs:element name="addStrings">
                <xs:complexType>
                    <xs:sequence>
                        <xs:element minOccurs="0" name="val1"
nillable="true" type="xs:string"/>
                        <xs:element minOccurs="0" name="val2"
nillable="true" type="xs:string"/>
                    </xs:sequence>
                </xs:complexType>
            </xs:element>
            <xs:element name="addStringsResponse">
                <xs:complexType>
                    <xs:sequence>
                        <xs:element minOccurs="0" name="return"
nillable="true" type="xs:string"/>
                    </xs:sequence>
                </xs:complexType>
            </xs:element>
</xs:schema>

When compiling this, we observed that the namespace QName for the element
"return", has "http://fastinfoset.axis2.apache.org" as the namespaceURI.
But this was not the case when we compared the same schema compilation with
xmlschema1. In there, the namespaceURI was an empty ("") value.

Is this a expected behavior or are we doing something wrong here?

Thanks,
Kishanthan.
[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-5239