ws-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Xmlschema2 - targetNameSpace being added as the namespaceURI to child schema elements
Date Sun, 06 Jan 2013 02:31:12 GMT

On Jan 5, 2013, at 2:24 AM, Kishanthan Thangarajah <kshanth2101@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Devs,
> We are now in the process of moving to xmlschema2 in axis2 [1]. The issue we note that
the targetNameSpace of the parent element in a schema is getting added as the namespaceURI
to the child elements.

> For example, consider the following schema.
>
> <xs:schema attributeFormDefault="qualified" elementFormDefault="unqualified" targetNamespace="http://fastinfoset.axis2.apache.org">
>             <xs:element name="addStrings">
>                 <xs:complexType>
>                     <xs:sequence>
>                         <xs:element minOccurs="0" name="val1" nillable="true" type="xs:string"/>
>                         <xs:element minOccurs="0" name="val2" nillable="true" type="xs:string"/>
>                     </xs:sequence>
>                 </xs:complexType>
>             </xs:element>
>             <xs:element name="addStringsResponse">
>                 <xs:complexType>
>                     <xs:sequence>
>                         <xs:element minOccurs="0" name="return" nillable="true" type="xs:string"/>
>                     </xs:sequence>
>                 </xs:complexType>
>             </xs:element>
> </xs:schema>
>
> When compiling this, we observed that the namespace QName for the element "return", has
"http://fastinfoset.axis2.apache.org" as the namespaceURI. But this was not the case when
we compared the same schema compilation with xmlschema1. In there, the namespaceURI was an
empty ("") value.

> Is this a expected behavior or are we doing something wrong here?

There is a getWireName() method on XmlSchemaElement that should be used for determining the
properly qualified/unqualified QName that should be used when writing stuff out on the wire.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp