ws-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svnpubsub website migration
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2013 18:45:28 GMT

On Apr 2, 2013, at 1:47 PM, Andreas Veithen <andreas.veithen@gmail.com> wrote:

> Isn't repos/infra only for sites that use CMS? At Axis, we have Maven
> generated sites that are updated manually and the site is hosted in
> repos/asf.

Not necessarily, no.    Many of the projects listed at:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/websites/production/

are not using the CMS.   Basically, consider it an "output only" area, must like the old area
at /www/ws.apache.org on p.a.o.   The "source" for the website can be in your projects normal
svn space, but the output of the site can be there.    For example, even the Maven folks use
it:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/websites/production/maven/content/plugins/

Putting it there simplifies a few things long term.  For example, you COULD have a buildbot
(not jenkins) build that would automatically do maven builds (or whatever) to generate the
site and commit it there.   Maven has also done some funky things in there were they use the
CMS for the root part of the site and normal maven builds for the sub-areas.

Dan

> Andreas
>
> On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 5:08 PM, Colm O hEigeartaigh <coheigea@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Although the "dist" migration is complete, we have still not migrated the
>> ws.apache.org website to svnpubsub. Unless I hear any objections, I will log
>> a JIRA with INFRA to create a new area for the webpage here:
>>
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/websites/production/ws
>>
>> This is somewhat urgent, as we can't update the webpage at all until this is
>> done.
>>
>> Colm.
>>

>> --
>> Colm O hEigeartaigh