ws-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svnpubsub website migration
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2013 17:44:29 GMT

On Apr 4, 2013, at 4:49 AM, Colm O hEigeartaigh <coheigea@apache.org> wrote:

> See the following comment:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-6104?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=13621280#comment-13621280
>
> Should we just create a single place in svn and put all of the project webpages there?

Sure.  We just need to get something moving so site updates can be done.   Nothing is set
in stone so things can always change or be moved later.

Dan

> Colm.
>

> On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 10:23 AM, Colm O hEigeartaigh <coheigea@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Here it is:

> Colm.
>

> On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 7:45 PM, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:
>
> On Apr 2, 2013, at 1:47 PM, Andreas Veithen <andreas.veithen@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Isn't repos/infra only for sites that use CMS? At Axis, we have Maven
> > generated sites that are updated manually and the site is hosted in
> > repos/asf.
>
> Not necessarily, no.    Many of the projects listed at:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/websites/production/
>
> are not using the CMS.   Basically, consider it an "output only" area, must like the
old area at /www/ws.apache.org on p.a.o.   The "source" for the website can be in your projects
normal svn space, but the output of the site can be there.    For example, even the Maven
folks use it:

> https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/websites/production/maven/content/plugins/
>
> Putting it there simplifies a few things long term.  For example, you COULD have a buildbot
(not jenkins) build that would automatically do maven builds (or whatever) to generate the
site and commit it there.   Maven has also done some funky things in there were they use the
CMS for the root part of the site and normal maven builds for the sub-areas.

--
Daniel Kulp