ws-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Veithen <andreas.veit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What are the available project ideas for GSOC 2013?
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2013 20:33:46 GMT
The decomposition into sprints already looks very good. Here are some
additional comments:

Sprint 1.2: The goal is not clear: “Define the API of Apache AXIOM
which is implemented by Spring-WS”. The project will implement an API
defined by Spring-WS and use the Axiom API. In the process it is
likely that additions will be made to the Axiom API (and maybe we will
propose API extensions to the Spring-WS project). However, I don’t
think that it is realistic to assume that they could already be
defined early in the project.

Sprint 2.1: SwA/MTOM will require development of a distinct set of
test cases. It’s not a simple extension of test cases developed in
earlier sprints.

Sprint 2.3: The description mentions the profiling done in sprint 1,
but this should be sprint 2.

Sprint 2.4: You should clarify the scope here. In my mind this should
be user documentation (including a migration guide). For the Javadoc,
I’m expecting that this is done in parallel to the development of the
code.

There is also one task missing. Before starting to performance test
the Axiom/Spring-WS/WSS4J integration, you also need to implement some
unit tests that check that the integration works (with DOOM and for
completeness also with LLOM). Obviously this would only cover a small
set of WS-Security (fortunately, since Rampart already uses WSS4J
together with DOOM, we know that these two work together). This would
also be the moment where the getDocument and setDocument methods of
the SoapMessage API are implemented (which is trivial for DOOM).

We may also need some tests to validate that the code works properly
with certain Spring-WS features. E.g. there are some particular things
that can happen if there is an interceptor that does something to the
incoming SOAP envelope:

http://static.springsource.org/spring-ws/sites/2.0/reference/html/common.html#d5e637

Andreas