ws-dev mailing list archives

From Andun Sameera <andun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What are the available project ideas for GSOC 2013?
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2013 05:45:55 GMT
Hi Andreas,

I have participated in GSOC 2012(My project was not selected to the
assigned slots for that particular mentoring organization). So have
the experience of application process. Basically most of the mentoring
organizations have some per-defined steps for application process.
Also they are publishing some template applications.(I think Apache is
publishing such a application, but last time there was not such
application) Students are required to fill that template application
with there project proposal(Or create own application with the
proposal) and submit it to Google's http://www.google-melange.com
site. Then they can review the application until the dead line.

So can I proceed with the initial steps of process of creating a
application? Assuming I can apply for this GSOC project.

Thank You!

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 1:15 AM, Andreas Veithen
<andreas.veithen@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>> the Axiom side of things, though.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Arjen
>>
>> On 24 mrt. 2013, at 09:44, Andun Sameera <andunslg@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I am a student who is willing to participate in Google Summer of Code
>>> 2013. I am focusing on a project idea at Apache AXIOM. That idea is to
>>> improve the AXIOM support to Spring WS leverage the benefits of new AXIOM
>>> features.
>>>
>>> After the original implementation of AXIOM support in Spring WS there were
>>> many changes in AXIOM APIs etc. So some APIs have been deprecated and some
>>> new optimized APIs have been created. So most of the time Spring WS does not
>>> use the full potential of AXIOM.
>>>
>>> So the idea is to create a AXIOM/Spring-WS integration API form the
>>> scratch with all the new optimizations. This API will be maintained by the
>>> AXIOM project it self and have to be integrated to Spring WS to get the
>>> expected befits.
>>>
>>> Need your comments. Also the particular project is given in
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIOM-447.
>>>
>>> BTW I have created a Jira issue @
>>> https://jira.springsource.org/browse/SWS-826
>>

>>> Thank You!
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Andun S.L. Gunawardana
>>> Undergraduate
>>> Department of Computer Science And Engineering
>>> University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Andun S.L. Gunawardana
>> Undergraduate
>>
>> Department of Computer Science And Engineering
>>
>> University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka
>>
>> Mobile - +94772019246
>> Home  - +94412253032
>>

>> Contact me: AndunSLG AndunSLG
>> Want a signature like mine? CLICK HERE.
>>

>> On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 11:18 PM, Andun Sameera <andunslg@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> As you highlighted in the previous mail we have this special
>>> requirement tightly coupled to the GSOC project , "The project has a
>>> specific requirement (see the second last item in
>>> the description) to get "approval" by the Spring-WS community. More
>>> precisely the project is not going to happen if the Spring-WS
>>> developers have concerns or objections about it."
>>>
>>> I have continued background reading which I started parallel to the
>>> discussion we had in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIOM-447.
>>> So came across this question. As I think the process fulfilling the
>>> above requirement take much time, Since It has to be discussed in the
>>> spring community. Isn't it a good idea to star the discussion process?
>>> Also you have this statement in the description "candidate is expected
>>> to engage with the Spring WS developer community" So do all the
>>> students who are willing to participate have to discuss or someone
>>> have to start the discussion?
>>>
>>> Please be kind enough to provide some instructions about those
>>> queries. Eagerly waiting to participate in GSOC 2013.

So my query

Apache

Parser for
This