ws-dev mailing list archives

From Nathan Clement <nathan.a.clem...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: WSS4J: Local id attribute and Signature References
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2013 12:53:23 GMT
Hi Colm,

Thanks for your reply.  I’m interested in your interpretation of the WS-Security spec.
Does the spec require that implementations support looking up references by local id, xml:id
and wsu:Id, or is support only required for wsu:Id?  If it’s the latter, I might be able
to convince the other party that no changes need to be made at my end 😊

Thanks,

Nathan

Sent from Windows Mail

From: Colm O hEigeartaigh
Sent: ‎Tuesday‎, ‎23‎ ‎July‎ ‎2013 ‎6‎:‎51‎ ‎PM
To: dev@ws.apache.org

WSS4J does not support looking up references by xml:id. Again, you need to implement your
own CallbackLookup implementation to support this scenario.

Colm.

On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 11:59 PM, Nathan Clement <nathan.a.clement@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi Colm,

Thanks very much for your response.  Does WSS4J support looking up references by xml:id?
I'm confused reading the spec as to whether WS-Security requires support for looking up references
by xml:id and local id.  From your response, I'm guessing that the spec only requires support
for wsu:Id?

Thanks,

Nathan