ws-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Veithen <andreas.veit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AXIOM-367 :Improving AXIOMXPath to support XPath 2.0
Date Sun, 07 Jul 2013 10:12:24 GMT
>From the documentation:

"Saxon supports these models by wrapping each external node in a
wrapper that implements the Saxon NodeInfo interface. When nodes are
returned by the XQuery or XPath API, these wrappers are removed and
the original node is returned. Similarly, the wrappers are generally
removed when extension functions expecting a node are called."

That is very bad from a performance perspective. Jaxen uses a pattern
[1] that avoids this, so that using Saxon would be a regression.

Andreas

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/axiom/tags/1.2.14/modules/axiom-api/src/main/java/org/apache/axiom/om/xpath/DocumentNavigator.java