ws-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: No more WSS4J 1.5.x releases
Date Tue, 10 Sep 2013 21:12:05 GMT

On Sep 10, 2013, at 6:03 AM, Colm O hEigeartaigh <coheigea@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I would like to deprecate the WSS4J 1.5.x series of releases and announce that the current
1.5.12 release is the last one. Previously I had proposed (about a year ago) that we would
do one more 1.5.13 release. However, there has been next to no activity regarding 1.5.x on
the mailing lists, JIRA, etc. In addition, 1.6.x is now at 1.6.12 and we are not too far off
a 2.0 release.

> Most importantly, I don't feel like I can stand over another release from a security
POV.

> Any objections?

I certainly agree with this.   There hasn't been any activity on 1.5.x so no point in even
pretending we plan to do anything with it.

--
Daniel Kulp