ws-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: No Issue tracker for WS as a whole
Date Mon, 13 Jan 2014 22:16:34 GMT

Sebb,

On Jan 13, 2014, at 3:58 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:

> PING
>
> On 2 September 2013 00:35, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I could not find an issue tracker for problems which affect the whole WS TLP.
>>
>> For example, issues with the parent website or with the download site.
>>
>> The main issue with the parent website is that it does not have a link
>> to an issue tracking system.

This is as designed and as we prefer.   Each sub project has their own issue tracker.   This
was discussed earlier.

>> There is also an issue with the download pages.
>>
>> The top-level .htaccess file includes the line
>>
>> IndexOptions FancyIndexing ScanHTMLTitles
>>
>> which overrides all the standard options.
>> This causes some problems, for example files are supposed to appear
>> after folders, not before.
>>
>> I think this should be changed to
>>
>> IndexOptions +FancyIndexing +ScanHTMLTitles
>>
>> so as to add the options - rather than replacing them entirely

Is there a particular page that shows an issue?   The download "pages” should all be using
the mirror scripts so shouldn’t even be listing anything.   For pretty much any other situation,
it just doesn’t matter as they should be using the mirror scripts anyway.

--
Daniel Kulp