ws-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Retiring some projects...
Date Mon, 20 Jan 2014 15:15:51 GMT

Not much of a discussion, but not really any objections so by lazy consensus, I’ll go ahead
and do:

1) Move XML-RPC to the archive  (listed on first page in “archive”)

2) Move TCPMON to the archive

3) Leave XmlSchema 1.4 for Sagara to handle once Axis2 get’s it’s release out.

I’ll get the JIRA’s for the first to set to read-only as well if I can figure that out.

Dan

On Jan 13, 2014, at 4:59 PM, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:

> As the emails from Sebb obviously show, there is no one around that cares to do anything
about the XML-RPC site.   There hasn’t been a commit there in 3 years.   Thus, I’d like
to go ahead and just retire/attic it.    Thoughts?

> What about tcpmon?   It’s been a really really long time since anything was done there.
>
> While were on the subject, I’d also like to remove XmlSchema 1.4 from the project list
on the site.   That branch was last released 3 years ago as well.   Really, there isn’t
any “support” for it.  Anything needing fixed will likely just be on the 2.0 branch.

> --
> Daniel Kulp

Daniel Kulp